Visitor Visa / International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy
From 1 October 2019, you will not be allowed to travel to New Zealand if you do not have a visa or an NZeTA.
What to do:
- Are you from a visa waiver country? YES?
- Apply online (NZD $12)
- Apply using NZeTA mobile apps (NZD $9)NZeTA app — Apple Store
NZeTA android app — Google Play
- Allow up to 72 hours for processing, but it could take as little as 10 minutes.
- You may also have to pay an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL).
The IVL costs NZD $35 and is paid at the same time as the NZeTA.
- From 1 October 2019, if you are from a visa waiver country you must hold an NZeTA before you travel.
- Australian citizens do not need an NZeTA.
- An NZeTA request costs NZD $9 on our free app, or NZD $12 if completed online.